Thursday 19 November 2015

November 16th - 17th
Mission Beach to Cardwell to Ingham 
Total trip 368

So after posting a photo showing a beautiful morning sunrise and adding the comment that I expected a good day it was at the hour mark that I had to pull in and fix my first puncture of the trip. Lucky for me it happened outside a farm so I was able to do it in the shade. At the 2 hour mark I pulled over to fix my second. Again, lucky for me it was in the shade of a watermelon stand. So much for my feelings and predictions. The campsite Angela was waiting at turned out to be another good one and on par with all the others we have used. The camps community kitchens complete with a barbecue and seating area's. It was pasta and sausage with a pineapple for a sweet. 
When I awoke to ride to Ingham I had to delay as we had a quick thunderstorm to sit out. Once it stopped I was hard at the pedals and clocked 21 miles in 90 minutes. The road and views were pretty uneventful except the vista point looking over Hitchinbrook Island. By early afternoon we were setting up camp at The Palm Tree Camp and looking on the map at interest points locally. We went to check out Jarouma Falls and Swim hole. This turned out to be a great choice. We swam in the pool that was at the base of the waterfall which I also managed to swim to and walk through and go behind like Mylenne but without the soap suds. I'm not a celebrity so leave me here please....

No comments:

Post a Comment